Here are a few of the most important things you can do with your student to get ready for their first year at UNT.
Next steps for your student:
- Help your student complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as early as possible. The application opens Oct. 1.
- Students must submit their high school transcript after they graduate.
- Each new student must complete the Texas Success Initiative requirement before they register for classes. Your student must log in to their my.unt.edu account to follow the required steps.
Orientation for the family:
- Orientation is an important event for you and your student! Sign up for Parent Orientation at the same time your student completes their required freshman orientation.
The right home away from home:
- Help your student research their housing options. The application opens in January.
- Explore meal plan options with your student.
- Get ready for move-in day. Your student will get an email from housing with a designated date and time to arrive at their residence hall.
Making friends starts now:
- Encourage your student to join Uversity, our private social media network, to begin making friends before they step foot on campus. They will receive an email invitation to join.
- There are also many ways to make friends in person: