Choosing a major
UNT offers 106 bachelor’s, 88 master’s and 36 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. In most degree programs, students get considerable hands-on experience in their field before graduation. Employers appreciate UNT graduates because they’re critical thinkers prepared to begin contributing their first day on the job.
Students of all majors can apply for the Honors College, which enhances the academic experience of talented, motivated and well-prepared students. Honors College benefits include smaller class sizes, opportunities to conduct ground-breaking research with leading faculty members and access to Rawlins Hall, our residence hall designed for scholars.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
Ranked a Tier One research university by the Carnegie Classification, UNT is among the nation’s top 131 research universities. UNT helps students find pathways to success in STEM fields through new teaching approaches and research opportunities.
UNT faculty and staff are friendly and dedicated to helping your student succeed. Many faculty members serve as mentors, sponsor student organizations and invite students to participate in their research projects. Our faculty members include Fulbright Scholars; Grammy and Emmy nominees; National Academy members; and National Science Foundation and American Council on Education fellows.
- UNT Learning Center - tutoring, reading labs, academic coaching, speed reading
- UNT Libraries - six libraries, seven million items, print and digital libraries, innovative programs and services
- General Access Computer Labs - 14 labs, six with Macs, one 24-hour lab and two labs with laptop checkout
- Math Lab - for students who need help with one of the common speed bumps on the road to academic success
- UNT Career Center - internships, on-campus jobs, job shadowing program, career counseling
- UNT Center for Leadership and Service - leadership workshops and classes, career skill-building services
- UNT offers 144 academic organizations and honor societies